Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Mission

Now that summer is 2 1/2 days away (in school days), I get to start thinking about cooking again! I really want to challenge myself this summer and actually open some of the cookbooks on my shelf. I am an obsessive cookbook buyer because I love the idea that I'll have lots of time to spend cooking and eating new food. I decided that I would try at least 5 new recipes each week. Okay...lets maybe be realistic and say for sure 3! I also want to try the recipes out of the cookbooks on my pot rack. This summer, I am going to choose 1 source to get my recipes (magazine, cookbook, emails, recommendations, etc.) and try a couple different recipes. How many times have we bought a cookbook or magazine because it looked amazing, but we really have no idea what the food is like? I'm going to try and see what kind of food these chefs are cooking! The context of this blog is combing my favorite TV show, Anna and Kristina's Grocery Bag on OWN Network (oh Oprah...how do you always know what I am going to love?) and my favorite movie, Julie and Julia. Anna and Kristina choose 1 cookbook and try 5-7 recipes and cook them for a famous chef. I don't have famous chefs at my disposal but I do have a hungry husband, family members, and foodie friends that hopefully won't be complaining about the food I make for them with love! So...this summer as I take 3 classes for my Masters in Education, plan for my next year's second graders, raise a 8 week old puppy, and be a wonderful wife...I will take on this cooking challenge as well. Cross your wooden spoons for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment